Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dinner and Dancing

We sat on cushions on the floor at these low tables while the dancing went on around us. During the last song one of the Thai dancers had me get up and dance with him. All the dancers combed through the audience to get the tourists up to dance with them. It was embarrassing and fun, but I really wish they had gotten Matt up there instead of me.















After the dinner and the show they set off these Huge paper hot air balloons with a ball of fire fueling it. It was absolutely nuts and I don’t know how they don’t set the whole city on fire with them.
You would light them and the heat of massive flames would send them flying and you just watch as the sky gets filled with floating fire. Crazy.


After that excitement we went to the night bazaar - a huge market that fills the streets every night. We wandered around and bought trinkets for us and the kids and Matt got measured for some custom made shirts. Then Matt introduced me to the Thai treat called “Roo Tii” – which is HEAVEN ON EARTH! It was so insanely good. It was also midnight before we got home to the apartment. We were both beat. The best part is that even though I was painfully tired, I laid there cuddling next to Matt trying everything I could to keep my eyes open just because I didn’t want the day to end. Everything had been so perfect and better than I could have ever dreamed. I knew Matt would have to wake up early and go in to work today too and I wasn’t ready to let him go. In fact, even though I tossed and turned all night long I still got out of bed at 6:30am to ask Matt if I could go to breakfast with him on his way in to work – just to have more time with him. I love being with the man I love and I love Thailand.

No comments: