Friday, October 24, 2008

Brought to Tears

I love Ellie. Last night I took the two kids to a high school band concert while Matt was studying at home. The first half of the show I spent trying to coerse Ellie to take her hands off her ears because she insisted that everything was too loud, but after intermission, when the marching band came on stage, Ellie came alive. She was dancing, clapping and leading the music while excitedly jabbering to me about everything going on. She told me that she wants to play the trumpet and the drums someday. If you ask her she will "play" them for you now by holding her fist up to her mouth and moving her fingers around or she'll start patting her legs as quickly as possible. It was during one of those sweet conversations at the concert that I was completely overwhelmed with how much I loved that little girl. Bright eyed and chatty this buddle of joy sent shivers down my spine and tears filled my eyes. I felt like I was going to burst with all the love that I felt for her. She is becoming one of my best friends. She is thinking and feeling so much and it is so fun to hear her verbablizing everything.

As the night wore on Ellie grew tired and crawled into my lap telling me that she loves me "SO MUCH". Then hand in hand we made our way through the crowd as the concert ended. It was a beautiful night that I didn't want to end. I love you Ellie.

No comments: