Friday, August 8, 2008

Carpet in the Kitchen??

Yes, who would have ever decided that carpet in the kitchen would be a good idea? After two years of dealing with the HOURLY spills of juice, milk, baby food, ketchup and every other thing imaginable we finally got the guts to tear out the carpet and lay tile!! YEE-HOO!! All I have to say is that my husband is amazing! He is always willing to jump in and do things that he has never done before and it always turns out AWESOME! Here are some pictures of our adventures - though I must add that I have never been good at keeping the camera going during the projects. At least there is a cute video of Ellie dancing on the final product :)






I also must add the pictures of our living quarters while this project was going on. The fridge, oven/stove, microwave, kitchen bench and dishwasher didn't make it back into the kitchen until the week I was DUE with Noah! And the walls still aren't patched or painted from tearing down the fake wood paneling! Don't you love home projects!! :)

2 comments:

JoyRGardner@gmail.com said...

Wow! I love seeing the garden. That is a truly huge deal and accomplishment. And you kitchen looks amazing. I am so excited for you to have lots of lots of easy to clean up spills. Way to go. You all have been working so hard and it looks great!

wagarama said...

Your kitchen looks GREAT!! Nice job you guys!